Best eBook Deals & Download PDF Big Business and Economic Development: Conglomerates and Economic Groups in Developing Countries and Transition Economies Under Globalisation
Bringing together an international and multidisciplinary group of experts, this is the first comprehensive volume to analyze conglomerates and economic groups in developing countries and transition economies. Using sixteen in-depth case studies it provides a comparative framework for the study of contemporary process of privatization, economic and financial liberalization and neoliberal globalization.
Exploring the various causes and economic, social and political effects of the rise of ‘big business’ in Asia, Latin America, Africa and Eastern Europe, the main issues that are examined include:
- the nature of contemporary economic concentration
- the relations between ‘local’ and ‘external’ investors
- the impact on development, and on economic and political control over its direction
- the new role of the state towards conglomerates and economics groups
- the effects of economic and political changes on the legitimacy of the state and large companies.
This volume is perfect as either a textbook or supplementary reading for students at all levels, as well as researchers and governmental and non-governmental professionals working and studying in the fields of international business and economic development.
Big Business and Economic Development: Conglomerates and Economic Groups in Developing Countries and Transition Economies Under Globalisation
Find and Download Book
- Try another server.
- Try to reload page — press F5 on keyboard.
- Clear browser cache.
- Clear browser cookies.
- Try other browser.
- If you still getting an error — please contact us and we will fix this error ASAP.